Preparing for SurgeryA pre-operative nurse will contact you prior to your surgery to finalize arrangements, to complete a health history, and to answer your questions. Please have available a list of your current medications and dosage, including over the counter medications, vitamins and herbs. If you do not receive this phone call the day before your procedure, please contact our pre-op nurse at (571) 229-1536 ext 251.
Prince William Surgery Center accepts most major insurance plans, including Medicare. Our Business Office will contact your insurance company to verify eligibility and coverage. Should your carrier indicate a problem with coverage, a representative from the Center will contact you. If you have questions regarding your coverage, you may call our billing specialist at (571) 229-1525.
Here are a few more preparations/instructions to remember:
- If you notice a change in your health such as a cough, cold or fever, it is important that you notify your physician before your scheduled surgery. Also notify the Prince William Surgery Center at 571-229-1536 ext 251.
- For patients requiring pre-operative testing, history and physicals, contact your physician's office to coordinate dates/times.
- Make arrangements for transportation with a responsible adult. Public transportation is not authorized.
- If you take vitamins, herbs, aspirin or other anti-coagulates, they need to be discontinued several days prior to your surgery. Consult with your physician to determine when you should stop taking them.
- Ask your doctor prior to your surgery for your post operative medication prescription.